WORDY WEDNESDAY #51
CRYPTOGRAM FUN PACK!
Solve these six cryptograms; each has its own code, and each has a six-letter word missing. Words that are always capitalized (such as proper names) are indicated with asterisks (*), and words that are capitalized because of their presence in a title are indicated by carats (^). For example, ^Sir *Isaac *Newton's favorite film is “^Gravity”. Fit the six missing words into the crisscross grid and anagram the highlighted letters into the final answer word.
1. ABCD'E DBF GCEDFED-HIJAKLH EMJID KL DBF AJINO? *K PFNKFQF *M. *D. *PCILRS AJRNO BCQF ECKO DBFIF'E C ______ PJIL FQFIT SKLRDF.
2. ABCCD ECFGHFH IJJK FL MECLKD *NGOPJQEIRJQL SGFP E ______ GIHFJEK LA *RLK, FGFQGIR GF "^FPJ ^OCJEFGLI LA E ^KEN".
3. ABACDEFGD HIFJK *LMCD *NFCOIFD'K IMPA; QA NACRFCPAG OQA FNAISIL KFIL RCFP OQA TUMKKST KSOTFP "^______".
4. ABCD EBFGA HIDHJID KIDJGEJAL MANOP ______ NIBOA; NODHL QBBGA HMIQRJAD *DPPBA EBI NOADILNBO NOLB LBJALDIA.
5. ABCDEFGHIAJKC CLMCC *FKCD *______ NBMC ECKLCO IEPCC QFLC HENRH HALGKIFBCNGHKS, RAIE BN TCNUFPOS IN EAH ECFKIE.
6. ABCDE FDCGA HIJBDE KBKEFBL EJHDLMKNKO PJNGM PDNFNKO, PJNQJ RHSME RMQJHKNQHG ______ CEHOM THD RBDM THUBDHIGM.
PATREON UPDATE9 patrons on my Patreon are currently pledging a combined total of $46 a month. If this total hits $50 or more at the end of the month, then I will start posting an extra puzzle on every month with 5 Wednesdays (including this upcoming month of July)! That's 4 or 5 extra free puzzles per year! If you enjoy these puzzles, I hope you will consider supporting me on Patreon; with your monthly pledge, you get such perks as early access to the Wordy Wednesday puzzles (M. Sean Molley has already solved WW55 and WW56) and exclusive Patron Puzzles (Patron Puzzle #1, Bricks and Mortar, is going out today). Thank you!
COMING NEXT WEEK. . .* Wordy Wednesday 52 revolves around six-letter words and playing cards, because those two things go together, apparently.
Until next time, yappy solving!