Logicsmith Exhibition 1: Polyominous

Would you like to try your hand at logicsmithing, and possibly be featured on my blog? Read on!

On its online puzzle site nikoli.com, the Japanese company Nikoli recently asked its authors to create different Slitherlink puzzles all using the same arrangement of givens. I've decided to try a similar experiment here, using the puzzle Polyominous (link to rules, Polyominous puzzles from my blog). Here is the layout:

Your challenge is to replace each of the question marks with an integer to create a uniquely solvable Polyominous puzzle. Send your puzzle (and optionally, its solution) to my e-mail address at glmathgrant@gmail.com. After two weeks (meaning the deadline is October 2), I will post the puzzle I have constructed for this layout, as well as some of my favorite submissions from other people.

I hope to try this kind of experiment again in the future if the response is good enough. Have fun! :)

Blog Archive