Puzzle 292: Room and Reason 20

This is unrelated to the puzzle below (which has symmetrical givens, for no reason), but I have a question that might concern my readers: in the theoretical situation that I were to hold a contest of some sort where one can win Nikoli puzzle books by solving a puzzle, should I let the winner choose the books they want from this page (within my prize budget, of course) and have Nikoli ship the prize directly, or should I buy some books before the contest starts and use them as prizes? The advantages of the former is that the winner gets a choice, and it's less expensive, especially if the winner happens not to live in the United States; the main advantage of the latter is that the winner will probably get the prize much sooner, although in my experience Nikoli's high-quality puzzles are worth the wait. Also, if I ship the prize, I could write something humorous like "do not eat" on the package.

Blog Archive