Support charity, get puzzles!
Patron Puzzles for Philanthropy

Patron Puzzles for Philanthropy update: The LiveJournal Logic Pack!

Before I started "A Cleverly-Titled Logic Puzzle Blog" (remember the days when I posted logic puzzles on this blog? The foxy badger in my new banner by PunkJax doesn't!), I had a LiveJornal blog called "*Insert Clever Title Here*". My, how my titling skills have improved since then. After posting 99 puzzles publicly, I decided as an experiment to offer my future puzzles on a password-protected page and sell access to it. I got up to puzzle 300 before I decided that I craved the attention that a public blog would get me and started the blog you're reading right now; without it, I doubt I would have attracted the attention of World Puzzle Championship veteran Thomas Snyder and become one of the most prolific contributors to Grandmaster Puzzles. A ZIP file of all 300 logic puzzles can be yours for the low price of US$3.00. A handful of these puzzles have appeared on this blog before (mostly when debuting new puzzle types), but most are unavailable elsewhere (including the original 99 puzzles, ever since the image hosting service they were on went down or removed the images).

As a reminder, this is a charity initiative. Please e-mail me (glmathgrantATgmailDOTcom) a copy of your charitable receipt (it must be a new donation, dated no earlier than one day before you email me) to receive this pack of 300 logic puzzles of varying difficulties. (Solutions are, sadly, not included.) I am currently soliciting donations to these three charities:

  • Child's Play Charity, which outfits children's hospitals and shelters with toys and games, making coping with the circumstances which put them there just a little bit easier.
  • Médecins Sans Frontières/Doctors Without Borders, which provides emergency medical aid around the world.
  • New to this update: American Foundation for Suicide Prevention, which aims to prevent suicide. As a suicidal depression sufferer and near victim myself, it seems like a worthy cause. (I'll accept donations to any reputable mental health or suicide-prevention charity, but this particular one seems relatively broad in its scope.)
Please spread the word about Patron Puzzles for Philanthropy amongst all of your puzzle-loving friends. I want to do as much good as I possibly can. So far, I've raised a total of US$135 for these three charities, which is surprising given how little clout I possess in the puzzle community. Every dollar raised through this initiative will hopefully make the world a better place. It would be lovely to host such charity initiatives on a website at some point, but websites are way above my pay grade, so for now, I'll just accept forwarded receipts from charitable donations.

Until next time, keep on living, and yappy solving!

No comments

Blog Archive