Support charity, get puzzles!
Patron Puzzles for Philanthropy

Grant's Review Corner: Volume 4

While my TI-80 Alan has died, thankfully my iPhone is still alive, so I shall be reviewing an iPhone app today! I'll be reviewing the logic puzzle app "Bananagrams".

So I start up a game, and I'm given this:

A bunch of letters? I don't get it. What are the rules of this logic puzzle? Am I supposed to rearrange them? Alphabetically seems to be the most logical arrangement for letters, so I do so:

Unfortunately, the game does not seem to like this arrangement:

What the hell is this about a word list? What the hell are the rules? This logic puzzle app does a poor job of explaining the rules. Avoid Bananagrams like the plague.

Sorry that the review was so short, but seriously. . . .

5 comments

Anonymous said...

Hint: hit the i button

Grant Fikes said...

Anonymous: I did. I hit the I button with my finger and dragged my finger across the screen to move it. I did the same thing with the other buttons -- A, B, C, D, E, K, L, M, Q, R, and S.

Anonymous said...

No there are 3 I's. You have to hit the right one.

chaotic_iak said...

Either:
1. You can hit the yellow circle with the lowercase i button,
2. You are required to view Wikipedia article about Bananagrams,
3. You mistaken "puzzle" as "logic puzzle",
4. The publisher of the game can't define "logic puzzle", or
5. The publisher of the game uses "logic puzzle" to deceive people.

Grant Fikes said...

6) This was part of an April Fools gag; I know how Bananagrams actually works, own the physical game on which the app is based, and actually quite enjoy the app.

Blog Archive